Situated 10 minutes’ walk away from the Roman Baths and the centre of Bath, the Fashion Museum is a world-class museum collection of historical and contemporary dress. The Museum is located in the Grade I listed Assembly Rooms; the gallery displays showcase original historical fashions for women, men and children from the Museum collection, and dating from the 1600s up to the 2000s.
Travel by public transport
Path to main entrance
Getting around inside
Visual Impairment - General Information
Lifts to all floors
Ticket/ information desk
Reception and ticket sales
Things to See and Do
Fashion Museum galleries
Accessible toilet ground floor
Accessible toilet lower ground floor
• Both of the unisex accessible toilets have a support rail, a basin with lever style taps, and an emergency-style pull cord. The flooring is non-slip laminate.
• The nearest Changing Places toilet is SouthGate Bath Shopping Centre, 12 Southgate Street, Bath BA1 1AQ
Fashion Museum Shop
• There are two sets of manual glass doors to the shop, both are 125 cm/ 4ft 2ins wide. They are usually kept open.
• The shop is level throughout, with a wooden floor.
• A low level desk and counter are provided.
• There are tall display racks and low tables accessible from a seated position.
• There is background music.
• The counter has a hearing loop system and staff have been trained in its use.
• Staff can offer assistance if required.
Place to eat and drink
Assembly Rooms Café
• We do our best to cater for any dietary requirements; please speak to a member of the café staff or call us in advance on 01225 444477 to check any specific requests you may have.
• The café is self-service; however, staff can assist on request.
Public rooms in Assembly Rooms
All the public rooms in the Assembly Rooms are on the ground floor and are fully accessible.
Getting around outside
The café garden has a gravel surface. Seating is provided. Please ask a member of staff if you need assistance.
Customer care support
A free audioguide in 12 languages is available to guide visitors through the Museum. The languages are: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish. This has a T switch for hearing aid users.
A script is available.
There is a hearing loop in the shop.
• All of our staff receive regular training that includes disability awareness training.
• Assistance dogs are welcome and water can be provided upon request.
• All our information brochures, evacuation procedures etc. can be made available in large print upon request.
• A First Aider is always available on site.
• Coat rails are provided, however there is no storage available for bags or luggage.
• If you are attending the Fashion Museum for an event or to visit the Study Facilities, please contact the museum on 01225 477789 or email@example.com to discuss your accessibility needs.
Emergency evacuation procedures
We have a set of evacuation procedures – should you require it, someone will assist you with evacuation, either out of the building or to a refuge. We have safe lifts and evacuation chairs to assist.
Customer care support